The Denver Post offers families the following tips on writing an obituary to notify readers of a person's death.
Obituaries can be placed through a funeral home or directly with the
Denver Post. When placing an obituary directly with the Denver Post
please include your contact information.
Families who choose to place their notice directly should:
• Submit their typewritten information, via fax or e-mail.
• Include a funeral home name and telephone number for verification.
• Include daytime telephone number for confirmation of cost, publication date and pre-payment.
Deadline for Submissions
3pm, Monday - Friday, for next day publication • 12 Noon, Saturday,
for Sunday or Monday publication How to Contact Us For Obituaries
Phone 303-954-2312 Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sat. 8:30 a.m. to noon
Mail: 101 W. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80202 For prayers and cemetery
lots: 303-825-2525 For In Memoriams: 303-954-2312
Mon.-Fri.8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
News obituaries are written by the staff of The Denver Post editorial departments. The Denver Post publishs news stories about the deaths of individuals from all walks of life. People who have made significant contributions to the community through their work or civic involvement are a priority, but the editorial departments also will consider those who have simply made a difference in the lives of their loved ones. Because of the volume of such requests, the editorial departments cannot guarantee publication of a news obituary.
• For consideration of a news obituary, call 303-954-1201 (Denver Post) or fax information for a new obituary to: 303-954-1369 (Denver Post).
• Paid notices will appear in the daily Denver & the West section of The Denver Post.
All contents Copyright 2011 The Denver Post or other copyright holders. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed for any commercial purpose.